Bhoger Khichuri & Labra/Labdar Torkari
Durga Puja is knocking our door, only 2 days away. We bongs are too excited to celebrate the Biggest Festival. The Bongs all over the world celebrate this festival. We ware new dresses, sarees etc, have lots of food during this festival. And without "Astamir Bhog" it does not complete the food culture of Durga Puja. So today I'm going to share the "Astami Special Bhoger Khichuri & Labrar Torkari". Bhoger Khichuri is very arometic and tasty. And here is the recipe...
Steps to Prepare
- Take a kadai/wok, heat it, add the Mung Dal and dry roast for 1 minute. Now wash the dal carefully under cold water. Now take the dal in a large pan and add 3 cups of water into it. Put the Pan on medium heat and cook the dal till half boil.
- In the meantime take another pan and heat oil in it. Fry the chopped coconut & green peas first and keep aside. Add the vegetables and fry till golden brown, take them out of the pan and keep aside. Add some oil if there is no oil in the pan, heat it. Add green chills into the pan.
- Make a paste with ginger paste, turmeric, cumin powder, with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan and fry for 15 to 30 seconds. Add salt & sugar as per taste & the fried vegetables, coconut & peas to the masala and fry again. Turn off the heat and keep aside.
- If the dal is half cooked, add the rice into the pan and boil again till the rice is half cooked. When it is half cooked add the masala you made earlier to the Dal & Rice pan and 1 cup of water and boil all together till everything become well cooked.
- Now turn off the heat, sprinkle ghee & garam masala on Khichuri and cover it. Enjoy when your Bhoger Khichuri after it dedicated to God.
Labda/Labra Torkari :
- Take all the vegetables in a large pan, add lots of water in it and keep aside for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes strain all the water and keep aside the vegetables.
- Now heat oil in a large pan, add panch foron & whole red chills to the oil and fry for 30 seconds. Add the vegetabes to the pan.
- Add some salt & turmeric and keep frying for 5 minutes. Now lower the heat, cover the pan and let the vegetables to be cooked till they becomes soft & tender.
- When the vegetables will be soft and almost cooked , add some sugar to it and higher the heat and keep frying.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes or till all the water which has come out from the vegetables will be evaporated. Turn off the heat, dedicate the Labda/Labra Torkari to the God.
If you like this recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button for regular updates....