Tandoori chicken is a popular Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani dish consisting of roasted chicken prepared with yogurt and spices which is called as Tandoori Spices.
Tandoori Chicken Or Indian Grilled Chicken
Tandoori chicken is a popular Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani dish consisting of roasted chicken prepared with yogurt and spices which is called as Tandoori Spices. The name comes from the type of cylindrical clay oven, a tandoor, in which the dish is traditionally prepared. Tandoori Chicken is a dish of Mughlai cuisine. It was popular among the noble families and Nawab families.
Ingredients of Chicken Tandoori
- Chicken drumsticks 6
- Lemon juice 4 tablespoon
- Unsweetend Fulfat Yogurt 1 Cup
- Garlic(Minced) - 2 teaspoons
- Ginger Paste - 2 teaspoons
- Tandoori chicken masala (any brand,I used Everest)1/2 packet
- Garam Masala Powder 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder As per taste
- Salt As per taste
- Orange Food Color 1 pinch (totally optional)
- Kasuri methi 2 tablespoon
- Vegetable/Canola Oil 2 tablespoon
How to make Chicken Tandoori Recipe
- Clean the drumsticks and marinate with lemon juice and salt and then using a sharp knife, cut slashes in the flesh to allow the marination to penetrate and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Take a bowl and mix the yogurt, tandoori masala, red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger & garlic paste, kasuri methi & food color and then pour the mixture over the chicken and rub it into the flesh, turning the chicken several times.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
The chicken may be grilled or roasted.
- If using a charcoal grill, prepare a fire for direct-heat cooking. Position the grill rack 5 inches from the fire. Allow the coals to burn until white ash covers them and the heat is moderate. Remove the chicken from the marinade, pressing lightly to extract excess marinade, and brush with oil. Place the chicken pieces on a well-oiled grill rack and; grill, covered, with the vents open, turning 3 or 4 times, 45 minutes or until the juices run clear when a piece is pierced near the bone with a knife.
- If roasting, preheat the oven to 450 F or 230 C degree. Turn the oven to 400 F just before you put the chicken inside the oven. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan, brush with oil, and cook, turning once, 40 minutes to 45 minutes until the juices run clear & chicken looks little burnt in color. Roasting time may depend on the quantity of chicken. If 5 6 pieces of chicken drums, It will take 40 minutes to 45 mimutes. Just check after 30 minutes if the flesh is coming out of the bone or not. If so then it is cooked. Take the chicken out from the oven and serve hot.
Serve hot with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or dinner .