Ingredients & Instructions
- Lobia or balck eyed pea 1 cup soaked in water for whole night
- Vegetabel/cooking oil 2tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Tomato chopped 1 large
- Salt to taste
- Trumeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder to taste
- Crushed kasoori methi 2 teaspoons
Steps to prepare
- Take a pressure cooker & cook the lobia with 2 cups of water till 3 to 4 whistles. Turn off the gas and keep the cooker set aside.
- Now take a pan, heat oil, temper the oil with cumin seeds, add ginger & garlic paste to the pan & cook for a while. Now add chopped tomatoes, little salt and cover the pan simmering the heat for 30 seconds. In this meantime take a small bowl & make a paste with turmeric, cumin red chili powder & crushed kasoori methi with little water.
- Open the pan, the tomatoes will be mashy, add the masala paste into the pan and keep stirring. Sprinkle water if needed. When the oil will start oozing, add the boiled lobia(not with the water).
- Mix everything well till the masala & lobia mixed together. Now add the boiled water which came after boiling the lobia, cover the pan and bring it to boil for 2,3 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.