Sweet Tamarind Chutney Or Imli/Eimli Ki Chutney
Chutney (also called chatney) refers to a wide-ranging family of condiments from Indian cuisine that usually contain some mixture of spice(s) and vegetable(s) and/or fruit(s). There are many varieties of chutney. Chutneys may be either wet or dry, and can have a coarse to a fine texture. Sweet Tamarind Chutney is a thick Sweet and Sour spicy sauce made with Thick Tamarind Pulp and other spices.
Sweet Tamarind Chutney is a thick Sweet and Sour spicy sauce made with Thick Tamarind Pulp and other spices.
Ingredients of Sweet Tamarind Chatni
- Tamarind Pulp 2 cups
- Black mustard 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seed 1 tablespoon
- Cumin Seed 1 tablespoon
- Whole Red chilli 1
- Fennel Seeds Or Saunf 1 tablespoon
- Salt pinch
- Sugar 1 cup (adjust to your taste)
- Vegetable Oil 1 tablespoon
You may also like
How to make Sweet Tamarind Chatni Recipe
- Take a saucepan and heat oil in it. Add red chili & black mustard seeds and fry till they crackles.
- Add the tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric pwd & sugar and let it boil till the chatni becomes thicker.
- Boil it at least for 1hr .
- In the meantime dry roast Cumin, Coriander, Fennel Seeds & Whole Red Chili on a pan or Tawa, Let the Mixture cool down and grind to make a coarse powder.
- After that add the Dry Roasted Seeds Powder to the Chutney and turn off the stove and let it cool.
Serving TipsServe with samosa,Kachori or any chaats.
Recipe Review Details
Sweet Tamarind Chutney Or Imli/Eimli Ki Chutney North Indian
Recipe Rank - 4.63/5
No of likes - 67