Bengali Baked Egg Or Dimer Paturi
Paturi is the process of cooking fish/egg/prawn in mustard sauce inside a banana or plantain leaf wrap. Here I've made "Egg paturi" but here is a twist in my recipe. I didn't cook the egg in advance. And here I'm not making this in banana leaf as banana leaf is not easily available here and my recipe can't be cooked in banana leaf.
Paturi is the process of cooking fish/egg/prawn in mustard sauce inside a banana or plantain leaf wrap.
Ingredients of Dimer Paturi
- 4 eggs
- Green chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Black mustard seeds 1 tablespoon
- Yellow mustard seeds 2 tablespoons
- Poppy seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Mustard oil - 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Dimer Paturi Recipe
- First take a bowl and break 4 eggs into it and very lightly beat them and keep aside. Now make a paste with mustard seeds, poppy seeds , green chilies & some salt.
- Take the lightly beaten eggs and add all the ingredients along with the mustard seed & poppy seeds paste and gently mix them. But do not beat the egg. Just mix it.
- Preheat the oven on 350 F. Take a baking tray and grease the tray with some mustard oil. Pour the egg mixture and place the tray into the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the baking tray and let it set for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes cut the paturi in pieces and serve with steamed rice.
- You may use tiffin box to make this recipe. Same way grease the stainless steel tiffin box and pour the mixture, close with the lid and put the box into a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 30 minutes on medium high heat.
Recipe Review Details
Bengali Baked Egg Or Dimer Paturi Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.66/5
No of likes - 117