Narkel Naru Or Indian Coconut Confection with Sugar
Narkel Naru is a dessert from Bengal. They are ball-shaped and made from khoya/condensed milk and coconut, a traditional food during Pujas such as the Durga Puja/Lakshmi Puja, consumed throughout India. Specially for Vijaya Dashami "Narkel Naru" is must to greet the guests who visit our home during Puja.
Narkel Naru is a dessert from Bengal. They are ball-shaped and made from khoya/condensed milk and coconut,
Ingredients of Narkel Naru
- Grated Coconut 4 cups (I used Deep Frozen Grated coconut)
- Whole Milk 1 cup Or Khoya/Mawa 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamom Seeds crashed 10 pieces
- Sugar 2 cups
You may also like
How to make Narkel Naru Recipe
- Take all the ingredients in grinder and grind to make a fine paste.
- Now heat a kadai or Non-stick pan and add the mixture into the pan and continue to stir.
- Stir the mixture till it gets sticky and you can make a ball from little mixture.
- Turn off the oven and take the mixture on a flat surface.
- Now start making round shaped balls. Refrigerate the Narkel Naru and remove before serving.
NotesNanak Khoya Slab Or Mawa Powder can be used instead of Milk.
Recipe Review Details
Narkel Naru Or Indian Coconut Confection with Sugar Bengali
Recipe Rank - 4.62/5
No of likes - 222