Bengali Style Mackerel Fish In Mustard Paste Gravy
Mackerel is a very tasty sea fish with very strong flavor and very similar to Bengali "Hilsha" fish. This fish is very healthy and full of Omega-3 fatty acid.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Mackerel Fish
- Mackerel Fish 1 cut into medium size steaks
- Potato 1 medium cut into lengthwise pieces
- Green chilies 3 to 4
- Turmeric powder 1 tablespoon
- Black Mustard paste 3 tablespoons
- Kalonji Or Nigella seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Bengali Style Mackerel Fish Recipe
- First marinate the fish steaks with some salt and Turmeric powder and keep aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan, add marinated fish steaks and lightly fry them.
- After lightly frying take them out of the pan and place into a bowl. You can see the oil of the pan is almost double after frying the fish.
- So you do not need any excess oil for rest of the cooking. Now in the same oil add Kalongi and Green Chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Add potato slices and fry till they are golden brown. Now take a bowl and add the Black Mustard paste, 1 cup water, salt to taste and turmeric powder and mix them.
- Add the Mustard paste mixture to the pan along with the fried fish steaks, cover the pan and cook over medium heat till the potatoes are cooked enough.
- Check if the potatoes are cooked or not, if cooked then turn off the oven and let the curry stand for 5 minutes and then serve with steamed rice.
Serving TipsServe it with White Rice and Fried Eggplant and Papad
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.62/5
No of likes - 1109