Indian Spiced Tea | Desi Style Masala Chai
'Chai/Cha/Tea' is the common beverage for all Indian. Mornings are incomplete without a perfect cup of Tea. Almost every Indian, have Tea for their morning refreshing beverage. Usually tea is made only by brewing Tea Leaves, milk and water, but sometimes we love to have the 'Spiced Tea' which is also known as 'Masala Chai'. For the 'Masala Chai', tea & herbs are being brewed with Water & Whole Cow or Buffalo milk. Check the easy recipe of refreshing Masala Chai.
For the 'Masala Chai', tea & herbs are being brewed with Water & Whole Cow or Buffalo milk.
Ingredients of Indian Spiced Tea
- Water 4 cups
- Milk 1/2
- Green Cardamom Pods 2, crushed
- Cloves 2
- Cinnamon Stick 1
- Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper 2, crushed
- Star Anise 1
- Ginger 1/2" long, crushed
- Darjeeling Tea Leaves 5 teaspoons(1 teaspoon for each cup, 1 teaspoon for strong flavor)
You may also like
How to make Indian Spiced Tea Recipe
- Take a saucepan upto 6 cups capacity, add the measured water & milk together and put on heat.
- Now take, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, star anise, black pepper & crushed ginger & put into the saucepan.
- Boil the milk & water for 2 minutes, and then add the tea leaves.
- Boil every thing for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Cover the pan with a lid and keep it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain the tea into each cup, add sugar, stir well and serve piping hot.
You can enjoy this Masala Chai outside your house anytime anywhere even during your travel, use Vaya tumbler. . For more details please look at the article "how to choose the best stainless steel tumbler"
Serving TipsServe 'Masala Chai' piping hot with Pakoras.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.79/5
No of likes - 48