Bengali Bie Bari Thali
This is the season of marriage, specially Bengali marriage. After diwali and jagadhatry puja, Bengali marriage season starts. And in this season most of the people try to get marriage, as the weather is quite good and soothing now. The season will continue till March mid. But who are not in Kolkata, miss every single invitation, just like me. And just keep watching the pictures of their close one's marriage on socila media. The atmosphere, the dressing up, the parlor visit, the chit chat and meeting with relatives, the awesome bie bari food, everything we miss. This year, I've missed 2 of my very close relatives' marriage, but work comes first. Have to
compromise. So I've decided to enjoy the bie bari menu at home, at least how much I can. So today I've brought to you our very own, typical Bie bari lunch menu, which includes,
- Lebu lonka
- Musur Dal
- Bandhakopi die machher mathar chhechra
- Mochar ghonto
- Bie b
Bengali bier bari lunch thali is very popular. No invitees wants to miss the typice chhechra, paka p
Bie barir Katla machher jhol:
This jhol is a must item in almost every bie bari lunch menu, which is made with Paka pona, that should be over than 3 kgs Rohu or katla fish. In this jhol, very
little ingredients are used and the jhol taste delicious. Today I'm going t share the typical Bie barir jhol recipe with you all. Then you're never going to miss the bie barir machher jhol any more.
- Rohu or katla fish 4 big pieces
- Mustard oil 4 tablespoons
- Potato 2, medium size, peeled and cut into lengthwise
- Panch foron 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1/2+1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon or more, adjust to your taste
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Steps to prepare :
- Take the fish pieces, wash under tap water, pat dry and marinate with salt and turemric and keep aside.
- Now take a kadai, heat 2 tablespoons oil till smokes, add marinated fish pieces, 2 at a time, fry till golden and take the fish and keep aside.
- Take a snall bowl, add ginger paste, turmeric, cumin powder, red chili powder & little water, and make a paste.
- In the same kadai add rest 2 tablespoons oil and temper the oil with panch foron. Now add potatoes and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger and spices paste which you made earlier, and salt. Keep stirring till the smell of raw ginger goes off.
- Add the fried fish and 11/2 cup warm water to the pan, cover the kadai and let the jhol cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the cover, check for salt, add if need and turn off the heat.
- Serve Bier barir paka ponar jhol with Gorom bhat or hot steamed rice. Emjoy...
Kancha Tentuler jhol :
Unripened tamarind or Kancha Tentul is only available during this winter. And this has lots of health benefit. This food is an excellent source of vitamin B, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, thiamine, phosphorus, riboflavin, and fiber. And the tamarind sew helps to digest the rich food easily.
Unripe tamarind 4, broken into pieces
Mustard oil 1 teaspoon
Black mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Salt 1 pinch
Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar 4 tablespoons
Take a pan, heat oil, temper the oil with black mustard seeds, and add tamarind pieces. Add 1 cup water, salt and turmeric and cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes open the pan, add sugar and again cover the pan and boil the stew for another 2 minutes.
Turn off the gas after 2 minutes and let the stew to cool down at room temperature.
Macher Mathar Chechra die Bandhakopir chechra , click here to Peek into the recipe.
Mochar ghonto , click here to Peek into the recipe.
Bengali misti doi , click here to Peek into the recipe.
Dal, and chatni can be changes as per choice.