Rui Posto Or Posto Mach
Fried Rohu Fish Cooked In Sauce Made With Onion, Tomato & Poppyseed Paste. Any sweet water fish for making this dish. Like Rohu, Katla, Mrigel or even Tilapia. Rui Posto is equally famous Fish item of Ghoti bari. Serve with steamy hot rice, and it tastes lip smacking good.
Ingredients of Rui Posto
- Rahu or Rui Fish - 6 pieces
- Poppy seeds - 4 tablespoon paste
- Onion - 1 small Chopped
- Tomato (Sliced) - 1 medium
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chili - 4
- Kalonji or kalojeere - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil - 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Salt As per taste
- Water - 1 cup
- Cilantro (Chopped) Handfull
You may also like
How to make Rui Posto Recipe
- First clean the fish and marinade with half of turmeric and salt and keep aside for 10mins.
- Now heat the oil in a kadai and fry the fish till golden brown, take them out and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add black kalonji and green chilies and when they splatter add the chopped onion.
- Fry the onion till soften and now add the chopped tomatoes. Fry for few minutes. Now add the poppy seed paste, remaining turmeric ,red chili pwd ,salt and fry.
- When oil separates from the gravy add the fried fish and fry again. Now add some water and bring the gravy boil.
- Let the gravy boil till it becomes thick. Now remove the kadai from heat and garnish it with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- If you like the recipe, then go to my Facebook Page and like my page for regular updates.
Serving TipsServe it with steamed rice.
NotesThis is an authentic Benagali Lunch Dish served with steamed rice. Very tasty & popular dish.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.42/5
No of likes - 1349