Bengali Jeelipi Or Jalebi Recipe
Jalebi or Jeelipi is a very popular Indian sweet. It can be served cold or hot. It is made by deep frying a batter in pretzel or circular shape and soaked into sugar syrup.
Ingredients of Jeelipi
- Rice 2 cups
- Urad daal 1 cup
- Few drops of yellow food color(Optional)
- Sugar 2 cups
- Water 2 cups
- Rose water -2 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder -1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
You may also like
How to make Jeelipi Recipe
- Soak the daal and rice separately in water for 5/6hrs. Grind the rice and daal separately (remember do not warm the daal or rice while grinding them. Turn off the Grinder in every 1 minute to keep the grinder cool), then mix into a large bowl and add fennel with it. Then again keep it for 5/6 hrs.
- After 5/6 hours beat the batter very well for 5-10 minutes with hand.
- To make the syrup heat 2 cups of water in a pan and add sugar and bring to a nice boil to make syrup . Make a thick syrup. Add rose water and cardamom powder to it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Now fill the Jeelipi batter into a piping bag with a number 3 nozzle. You can also use an empty ketchup bottle.
- Squeeze the Jeelipi batter out in the hot oil in a pretzel shape to about 2 inches in diameter. Fry the jeelipi(s) till golden brown on both sides.
- Once fried then soak the jeelipi(s) completely in sugar syrup for 20-30 seconds and serve hot.
- If you like the recipe, please go to my Facebook Page & hit the like button for more updates.
- I've made an easier instant jeelipi video for you all, who have not much time for jeelipi, but want to make it at home. Check the video, and if you like it, please like, share & subscribe the channel
Serving TipsSprinkle some chopped Pistachios & Saffron threads before serving.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.43/5
No of likes - 219