Luchi Aloor Tarkari
Luchi should be made with all purpose flour or maida, little bit Moyan of ghee to bind the flour and salt. Then make a firm dough and should rest for 30 minutes minimum and then make small balls, flatten them with roller pin and deep fry them to make fluffy Luchi.
Ingredients of Luchi Tarkari
- Maida 2 cups
- Ghee 2 tablespoon for moyan
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Warm water to make the dough
- Sunflower or Peanut oil for deep frying
Aloo Tarkari :
- Potato 3 large cut into chunks
- Kalonji 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Green peas handful of
- Green chilies 2/3
- Salt and sugar as per taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
You may also like
How to make Luchi Tarkari Recipe
- Take a large bowl and add maida, salt and ghee and mix well. The mixture should be crumbly.
- Now add warm water to the mixture. But do not add all the water at a time. Add very little at a time and mix with maida.
- When a soft and smooth dough will be formed sprinkle some oil and cover with a dump cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take the dough and kneed well and make small balls from the dough. Now oil in a flat surface and roll the balls with rolling pin and make small circles and keep covered.
- In the mean time heat enough oil for deep frying in a kadai or wok and very carefully release the luchi in the oil and with a slotted spatula press the luchi gently. This will puff up the luchi instantly. Once one side turns golden turn it and fry for some time.
- Using the spatula drain and take it out. Repeat this process with the rest of the balls.
- Heat oil and add green chilies to it. Fry for a while and add kalonji to it. When kalonji starts crackling add potatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add some salt and turmeric powder to it and fry again for 2-3 minutes. Now add 1/2 cup water and some peas to the pan and cook on low heat with a lid till the potatoes are cooked enough.
- Check after 15 minutes if the potatoes are cooked or not . If they are cooked enough open the lid and higher the heat and evaporate the excess water.
- Make sure there is no gravy left in the wok. Adjust salt and sugar and serve with hot "luchi".
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 4