Quick N Easy Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
In Vegetarian menu, Paneer is the must one. Without Paneer , Vegetarian meal is incomplete. Paneer can be home made, or store bought. But the taste of home made paneer is just awesome. Homemade Paneer is soft, moist in texture and melts in your mouth. I had this dish at one of my Punjabi friend,s place. Usually this dish is little bit time consuming. It has lots of spices to cook. But my friend had a trick to make this type of dishes very quickly, specially those Buttery dishes. As this type of dishes are the regular in their Menu. So she makes the Butter Masala in a shortcut way with readymade ingredients. And you will never going to belive this dish is homemade. It tastes so good, just like the restaurant style. Here I'm sharing My Friend's recipe for "Paneer Butter Masala". Paneer Butter Masala is a preparation of paneer in a thick gravy made up of cream, tomatoes and spices. It is a mainstay of Indian cuisine (mainly North India). It is mainly eaten with roti, chappati or other Indian breads. Paneer is the Indian word for cottage cheese.
Paneer Butter Masala is a preparation of paneer in a thick gravy made up of cream, tomatoes and spices.
Ingredients of Paneer Butter Masala
- Paneer - 1/2lb or 250gm cut into cube
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Fried onion 1tbsp(you can get this from any Indian grocery store)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon
- Tomato paste of - 1 tomato
- Kasuri methi 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups of Whole or Full fat milk
- Red food color - 1/8th teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves and cream to garnish
You may also like
How to make Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Take a bowl and mix all spices(coriander pwd,red chili pwd,garam masala,kasuri methi), together and add tomato paste & ketchup to it.
- Now add a little milk to it and mix it. Add 1cup milk to make a smooth spice mixture of these ingredients. Here you add the food color.
- Now heat the butter in a pan and add the ginger garlic paste and fry it for a while to get the raw flavor out.
- Now add the fried onion to it. But before adding the fried onion just take it between your plum and crush it and add it to the pan.
- Now add the spice mixture to the pan and cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes to get all the ingredients cooked on low flame.
- After 3-4 minutes add salt, paneer and the remaining milk to adjust the thickness. Serve in a bowl and garnish with cream and coriander leaves.Serve hot with nun.
Recipe Review Details
Quick N Easy Paneer Butter Masala Recipe North Indian
Recipe Rank - 4.69/5
No of likes - 96