Dim Die Moosor Daler Patla Khichuri
This is absolute life saviour onepot meal by my Ma. I'm a true lover of any kind of Khichuri( it's Bengali khichuri not khichdi). So she knows my choice of favourite meal. Whenever she has not much time to prepare a good meal, makes this for me.
Ingredients of Dimer Khichuri
- Plain regular rice 1 cup, washed under tap water
- Masoor dal Or red lentil 2/3 cup, washed under tap water
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon(no salt if cooking for your baby under 1yr)
- Turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin or jeera powder 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil 2 tablespoons
- Green chili 2 to 3
- Ginger, grated 1 teaspoon
- Garlic, grated 3 cloves
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Tomato, chopped 1 medium
- Salt to taste(no salt if cooking for your baby under 1yr)
- Egg 2, omelette with lots of onion, chili and little salt
You may also like
How to make Dimer Khichuri Recipe
- Take a pressure cooker, add rice dal salt turmeric cumin powder and 2 cups of water, pressure cook up to 2 to 3 whistles and keep aside.
- In the meantime heat mustard oil in a wok, add broken chili, grated ginger & garlic and fry for 2 to 3 seconds, now add chopped onion and fry again. Add tomato and cover the pan to make the tomato soft and lower the heat for 30 seconds. Uncover the wok, you will see the tomatoes are soften now. Fry everything for few seconds.
- Now open the cooker and add the boiled dal n rice into the wok, add some warm water too and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the cover add the omelette you made earlier and boil with the khichuri for 2 to 3 minutes. Check the salt, add if needed. You may add sugar, but I don't.
- Serve immediately.Enjoy.......................
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 4.61/5
No of likes - 89