Vermicelli Or Semaiyan Upma For Breakfast
Vermicelli is a traditional type of pasta round in section similar to spaghetti. Vermicelli is known as Semaiya Or Sevaiyan in India
Ingredients of Vermicelli Upma
- Vermicelli 2 cups, little salt & vegetable oil to boil it
- Vegetable Or Canola Oil 2 tablespoons
- Peanuts 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves 5 to 10 leaves
- Black Mustard Seeds
- Onipn, chopped 1 medium
- Green chilis 1 chopped
- Potato 1 medium size chopped
- Carrot 1 medium size chopped
- Cauliflower 1 cup small pieces
- Green Bell Pepper 1/2 cup chopped
- Green Peas 1/2 cup
- Green Beans 1/2 cup chopped
- Turmeric 1/3 teaspoon
- Salt & Sugar as per taste
- Lemon Jiuce of half lemon
You may also like
How to make Vermicelli Upma Recipe
- Heat a pan or kadai, add dry vermicelli to it and dry roast till the color changes to light brown.
- Now heat oil and ghee in a Pan and lightly fry the Peanuts and keep aside for garnishing.
- In the same oil add Mustard seeds, Curry leaves, green chili & fry. Then add chopped onion & the Vegetables and sprinkle some salt and fry till the vegetables become tender. Add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now adjust Salt & Sugar and Vermicelli and 1/2 cup water. Cover the pan and cook everything on low heat for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes open the lid and give a nice stir. Add lemon juice and stir again. Pour the Upma in a serving bowl and garnish with fried Peanuts and serve hot.
Recipe Review Details
Recipe Rank - 5/5
No of likes - 12